Below are some things we recommend to protect your password security and privacy.
- Change your password every few months.
a. Don't use the same password on all the sites you visit.
b. Don't use a word from the dictionary.
c. Select strong passwords, with 10 or more characters, that can't easily be guessed. The minimum number of characters we require is 8.
d. Think of a meaningful phrase, song or quote and turn it into a complex password using the first letter of each word.
e. Randomly add capital letters, punctuation or symbols.
f. Substitute numbers for letters that look similar (for example, substitute "0" for "o" or "3" for "E").
g. Never give your password to others or write it down.
- Sign out of your account after you use a publicly shared computer.
- Manage your account information and settings from the Profile and Account sections of your Settings page.
- Keep your antivirus software up to date.
- Consider turning 2-step verification on for your account.